Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Jogging

Summer is here, and I have been enjoying some jogging in the morning breeze. Today I was going to wake up early enough to go for a run and be back in time to go to the girls' swimming lessons, but when I woke up, I realized that was not going to happen. Luckily, my husband had the day off, so I decided that rather than not hitting the pavement at all that I would leave a little before them and walk/jog to the pool. I got into a rhythm and it felt great.

Then I walked into the pool. It is normally a bit toasty, but right after jogging, it felt like an instant sauna. I was dripping sweat. I have been participating in a scrapbooking project this week, so I got the camera that I sent with my husband and snapped away. However, after about ten minutes, I decided it was time to head back outside.

I walked through the dressing room and wiped the sweat off my face, got a quick drink of water, and sighed with relief when I was back into the fresh air. I had not been sure whether I would ride home with my family or jog back, but it felt great being outside, so I decided on heading back the way I came. Aside from the first little bit, the route from my pool to the house is on quiet roads, so I was able to just run, think, and enjoy.

What a perfect time of year for running!

No comments:

Post a Comment