Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday Words to Run By

I have always been a quotes person, enjoying the inspiration of words. My senior year of high school a couple of teammates and I put together a quote book for our state cross country meet. I thought it would be fun to post a weekly Words to Run By post to share some inspiring running quotes that I come across, as well as some from the past.

I'll start out my first post in the series with one by Steve Prefontaine - our quote book had many of his thoughts. This one is fitting for my phase in getting back into running:

You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement.

Even though it has been over ten years since I have been a regular runner, I never forgot the feeling that comes along with it. Little reminders from time to time nagging at my conscious to make time for it, reminding me of how great I would feel if I would just get back into it consistently. Here's to the joy of running (and support of my sisters) keeping me going, rather than slipping back into years of inactivity!

1 comment: